Ward M. Powers is a distinguished attorney who has been in the practice of law for over 30 years. After graduating with honors from Detroit College of Law, he practiced with and became a partner in the Law Firm of Powers, Chapman, DeAgostino, Meyers & Milia, PC. in Troy, Michigan. In 1994 he founded the Law Offices of Ward M. Powers, PC and relocated his practice to an historical site in Northville, Michigan.
Ward has earned AV Highest Professional rating by Martindale-Hubbard. He has been the Keynote Speaker at Bar Associations and Professional Conventions throughout the United States. In addition to his contributions in the established legal world, Ward makes sure to stay active in the lives of up and coming lawyers. He is regularly honored as an appointed Mootcourt Judge at Michigan State College of Law and he has been a panelist for special events at University of Michigan’s Law School.
Ward understands that being an effective counselor and advocate requires more just knowledge of the law. He firmly believes in the importance of having a personal relationship with a client to make sure that the client’s needs are being met. Wardhas used his knowledge and experience to successfully represent a wide variety of clients.
- Graduate of Dearborn High School – 1975
- Albion College – magna cum laude – Bachelor of Arts Degree
Major in Communications/Media and History
Graduated in 1979
- Detroit College of Law – Juris Doctor Degree cum laude
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan – 1982
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Florida – 1982
- Michigan Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Detroit Bar Association
- Michigan Trial Lawyers Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Oakland County Circuit Court Case Evaluation Panelist
- Wayne County Circuit Court Case Evaluation Panelist
- Oakland County District Court Mediator
- Certified Private Mediator and Facilitator
- Member: State of Michigan Bar Association Negligence Section, Insurance, Civil litigation and Consumer Law Sections.